Want to do something fun with your #KFOL (kid fan of LEGOs) to cure winter blues? Here are 5 easy steps to throw a BLOCK Party and celebrate International LEGO Day, January 28th!
STEP 1. Send a “Save the Date” announcement by Facebook, email, or snail mail: “We’re having a BLOCK PARTY to celebrate International LEGO day and you’re invited! [DATE/TIME/LOCATION].” Use a LEGO font and include art from our Build it! step-by-step model instruction series for kids, and use some cool fan acronyms.
STEP 2. Order/buy block-themed party favors and giveaways like these (and make sure you have lots of bricks and books on hand for building models!): glasses, suckers, popcorn bags, candles, cupcake wrappers, tableware,
STEP 3. Plan activities:
- Have kids make a complete scene with lots of LEGO dinosaurs–download Build it! Dinosaurs model instructions here for free. For more models, order the books or check them out at your local library.
- Hold a LEGO Trivia contest or work together to answer quiz questions.
- Make a simple LEGO bean bag toss.
STEP 4. Send a follow-up invite a week early: “Join us [DATE/TIME/LOCATION] for a BLOCK PARTY! We’ll have supercool LEGO treats, giveaways, and activities to celebrate International LEGO Day.”
STEP 5. Prepare refreshments:
- Bake a LEGO cake using mold.
- Wrap cupcakes in LEGO wraps.
- Put popcorn in LEGO bags.
- Decorate juice boxes like bricks or use brick look cups.
Have fun! And don’t forget to take lots of photos and videos to share on Facebook and Instagram. Here are some hashtags: #learningthroughplay #creativekids #handsonlearning #unpluggedplay #LEGOblockparty #LEGOday #LEGOstego #BuilditSupercool.